Slip and fall accidents can occur just about anywhere including in a restaurant, retail or grocery store, or on personal property. Data reveals that falls account for over eight million hospital emergency room visits annually and “slips and falls” are the primary reason for over one million visits, or 12% of total falls. These “slip and fall accident” cases can be difficult to prove. Hiring a qualified lawyer will help you establish your case and receive the maximum fair judgment for your claim.
California law protects individuals in Long Beach and surrounding communities who have suffered from slip and fall accidents due to the negligence or fault of a property owner.
Proving Fault in a Slip and Fall Accident Case
In order for another party to be held legally responsible for your slip and fall, one of the following must be proven to be true:
- The property owner caused the dangerous condition that led to the slip and fall or failed to properly maintain the property.
- The property owner is aware of the dangerous condition of his or her property but did nothing to resolve the issue.
- The property owner should have known of the dangerous condition because a reasonable person would have noticed and fixed it.
Causes of Slip and Falls Accidents
There is a multitude of reasons slip and fall accidents occur, but there are a few that are most common:
- slippery surfaces
- torn carpeting
- poor lighting
- worn or narrow stairs
- wet floors
- broken or cracked public sidewalks
- rain, ice, snow or a pothole
By hiring a professional slip and fall accident lawyer, you have a better chance of recouping adequate compensation for the expenses and injuries you incur, including:
- Medical bills, current and future
- Loss of wages, current and future
- Pain and suffering
In these types of legal matters, it is important to speak to a lawyer familiar with the laws in your city. Robert Finn serves clients in the communities of Bellflower, Cerritos, Compton, Cypress, Florence, Huntington Beach, Lakewood, Norwalk, Seal Beach, Signal Hill, Torrance, and Wilmington with one-on-one personal attention.
Mr. Finn takes slip and fall accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you don’t pay any fees until your case is resolved. Call his office in Long Beach at 562-901-3388 today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your issues and put his 40 years of experience to work for you!